AURELE IT, a law firm specializing in digital law
- information technology: computer and internet law
- protection of personal data: compliance with the RGPD, data enhancement.
The firm assists its clients in France and abroad, in both advisory and litigation matters.
IT Contracts – Digital Transformation Projects
Aurele IT anticipates the risks attached to digital transformation projects and is committed to working with its clients to secure them.
Aurele IT relies on its in-depth knowledge of the digital sector and its monitoring of best practices and legal and jurisprudential developments to give its clients a real competitive advantage in the negotiation of its contracts.
The firm therefore regularly deals with the negotiation of contracts relating to high-stake tech projects such as:
- redesign of information systems
- software development, distribution and integration
- ERP /CRM implementation
- SaaS and Cloud contracts
- IT charters
- General Conditions of Sale and Use of Websites, hosting contracts
- Blockchain based contracts
- IT RFPs
Identifying the key points in order to take “risk oriented” decisions is the main challenge for this type of projects. The firm focuses especially on avoiding additional time delays and/or budget extensions and on reaching a sustainable contract. The firm is also aware of revenue recognition issues that Anglo-Saxon groups have to deal with..
We provide regular monitoring with reports as well as summary dashboards regarding the risks incurred at each stage of the decision-making process.
Examples of recent cases handled by the firm:
- Negotiation of a complex software license and maintenance contract with a French major actor
- Drafting of a service agreement in SaaS mode for an RPA (Robotic Process Automation)vendor
- Negotiation of a contract in Agile mode for a service provider for an IT system overhaul
- Setting up the contractual policy of a Fintech (Blockchain saas provider for the management of financial products)
Aurele IT advises on data protection. The firm assists its clients in their transformation related to GDPR compliance .
The firm has created a 4-step method, with a risk-based approach. The firm also acts as an external DPO appointed to the CNIL (French Regulator)
Florence Ivanier is a Data Protection Officer certified by the University Paris Dauphine (2019).
Aurele IT assists its clients in pre-litigation and litigation specific to new technologies. These litigations are characterized by a high level of technicality where judicial expertise is central.
The choice of an efficient litigation strategy and the management of the judicial expertise that will weigh on the expert’s conclusions are among the firm’s strong points.
After an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the case, the firm advises amicable resolution when appropriate.
Examples of recent litigation handled by the firm:
- pre-litigation between a payroll software editor and a client, in order to avoid the editor’s liability
- defense of a U.S. distributor before the Paris Courts in a design infringement claim
- defense of an airline ticket price comparison website in a criminal action
- one of the three major RPA software vendors
- a human resources consulting firm
- a large French retail bank
- a payroll software developer
- a Canadian IT Service Provider
- a Fintech blockchain start-up
- a start-up operating a platform for pharmaceutical laboratories